Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Love is bliss


 
 
Foreign, oppressed and passive. THAT’S NOT ME! That’s a common stereotype people have on Muslim women. People often think that we Muslim women don’t have the free will to control many aspects in our lives. Such as who we end up spending the rest of our lives with. Arrange marriages do happen, but it’s becoming less of a thing now. Most married Muslim couples found love and then got married. This image of my friends represents how they found love and are happy and engaged. No he does not abuse her, or control her. If anything she’s more of the boss in the relationship.

6 comments:

  1. Ths is really good. You touched basis on a topic that is very stereotyped unknowingly. This opened up my eyes and allowed me to see past what I think I know about that culture and their values.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great message and picture! I know in media it is commonly portrayed that muslim women are more passive and oppressed. It is obviously not the case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you worded your description really well. I agree that stereotypes run very heavy when it comes to religion, especially when it comes to Muslims. I believe that people tend to be very close minded when it comes to religion especially, because coming from a Cristian dominant country, many believe that is the only correct and true belief, and so that other religion's stereotypes run very thick and are often misjudged. Your explanation touches this topic very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie. Your right about people misjudging us, it mainly happens because they're mis-informed by the media. The only times Muslims are on tv is when they're being radical and violent. Which is thee opposite of what the religion represents. Since Islam stands for 'peace'.

      Delete
  4. I really like this picture and your reasoning behind it. This reminds me of a movie that I watched in high school called Bride and Prejudice. I'm glad to hear that that is not how the Muslim culture is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you addressed the topic of Muslim women. I always have wondered if arranged marriage is still a very respected and done fairly often. You said that Muslim women find love and than get married. That's awesome, I think everyone should have the right to marry whomever they choose. Whether or not it's the person your parent choose for you.

    ReplyDelete