Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Love- It's Not A Matching Game


I have always been raised in a very open-minded household; we have always been taught that everyone is equal no matter how they look, act, think, feel, or love. This became more than reality for me especially this year when I started my first year of college and met my new best friend- who happens to be gay.  He has showed me first hand how important it is to be yourself and to never be ashamed of who you are and what you feel.  I really wanted to capture an image of how love has no boundaries, rules, or limits. I decided that this would be too hard to capture in one image, so I combined multiple.  This photo shows three different kinds of couples, all in the same stance; none matching directly up to the top image of a heart. I wanted to get the point across that there is no one right match, and that everyone should have endless possibilities to love and never be judged for it.

9 comments:

  1. Love what you've done to the image. I definately agree with your message . About love not having boundaries, everyone deserves to be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie Mack, this photo and your message really touches me seeing as I am gay myself and can relate. It's hard to be yourself when people around judge and talk about you, but like your friend taught you, it's important to not be ashamed of who you are. I have battled with accepting who i was growing up but i have learned that i wont be happy in life i care what others think instead of what i think about myself. GREAT JOB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i fully agree with you Allie Mack. Love shouldn't have any boundaries. It should not matter whether its a man and a woman, woman and a woman or a man and a man. God created love for a reason. He didn't create it to nip-pick who could "have" love. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this picture! It was very nicely photographed and had a great message! I knew exactly what you meant by the picture without having to read the caption. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the way you worded your blog. The comparision between the bottom three not fitting into the top top was cool. Nothing is perfect but it can be dang good. Awesome Job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, since its now no longer illegal to marry someone of the same sex if you choose this image saws a lot. Minnesotans are going to start to see more and more acceptable actions and emotions towards gays and lesbians. Couples are couples, love is with you decide to feel it with and it's a powerful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this picture. I thought it was a good idea that you captured straight, gay, and lesbian couples. Adding the heart with the two hands was a good touch to the entire picture showing the love with two people.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked what your photo is capturing and it shows a very good message. Love is Love and it is all that matters. No one should ever feel like they are not able to be themselves and feel unhappy. We should be able to embrace ourselves without being judged.

    ReplyDelete